The dogma rules for Nordic Dynamic Productions
- Use dynamic range compression very moderately and ONLY to enhance listening pleasure.
- No signal clipping is allowed anywhere in production or mastering. Distortion as effect on individual instruments are allowed.
- It is not allowed to play the tracks in modified form by radio stations, streaming services, download services, etc. This is because the sound is part of the artistic expression.
- The perceived average loudness has to be at a specified level (-20 dB) so that any track can be played in random without much perceived loudness difference.
- Original recording resolution must be at 88.2 kHz/24 bits quality level or better.
- All productions will have full disclosure of the important quality indicators, such as PLR, dynamic variation, etc.
- Delivery format can be:
a. CD, Blu-ray 96 kHz/24 bits or better, SACD
b. Streaming with full CD resolution or better, no data compression or other modifications are allowed. As web speed increases, we will ask for higher quality streaming.
c. Downloads in 44.1 kHz/16 bits or better.